Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Around the House, Around the Town

September always starts with a birthday for this light of our lives--as long as her wish doesn't have anything to do with boys, we're doing just fine (and it doesn't)!
 
Both Asher and Addy ran cross-country this year
 
This meet was like a scene out of Chariots of Fire--absolutely gorgeous (but a bit hot and sticky for the runners)
 
Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a smile our Asher is sporting?
 
And again? Could it be a fluke?
 
I didn't get any of Addy's run, but she and her friend Rhea put forward a strong first showing
Addy also had a great time on the Children's Choir retreat--she's excited to sing under her dad this year!
 
With all those kids off at school, Aaron and I found some time to play--our favorite afternoon was a sea cave kayaking tour we took together. If only I could have taken our camera along without ruining it--absolutely spectacular views of the coast, and some exciting encounters with sea life!
 
 
We visited La Jolla Cove one weekend--Sera brought her new attachment, "Mathilda"
 
And here's what I find lying around the house--our Emerson is an origami master!
 
Plenty of time after school and on weekends for stops at the pool (I always appreciate when I can have the kids shower there because it saves on our exorbitant water bills and limits the number of wet towels strewn through the house)
 
I'm pretty sure that's a smile on Asher's face again--maybe not a fluke after all?
 
I try to walk to school with these two as often as I can--they crack me up! On this morning they were the elderly "George" and "Betty" hobbling along with their walking sticks.
 
And can we just zoom in on the little friends they bring along with them? We have (l-r) Meep, Dribble, Spellz, and Bubbles
Besides hilarious, our walks are also beautiful--peppered with birds of paradise
 
natal plums
 
palm trees
 
and blossoms--it's beautiful here!
 

No comments: