Sunday, August 31, 2014

Farewell Summer, Hello School!

A few final summer hurrahs before school cranked into gear:
 
The elephant exhibit at the San Diego zoo is amazing . . . even if this isn't exactly a live elephant

Oh wait--maybe it is! Look out!
A visit to Leo Carrillo ranch, just around the corner from our house
 
$1 movie day--loved finally getting the whole bunch to see The Lego Movie, which Aaron predicted that he would hate, but which he actually (correctly) thought was the best movie ever!
 
So many beach days--are there ever enough?
 
Not a chance!
 
Love these little "big-eye guys" that have accompanied us everywhere this summer
 
Asher was so much nicer to his siblings after taking a break from them in July, and Sera finally got her "permanent" cast.
 
Padres game!
 
Instead of $1 hot dogs, they do $2 taco Tuesdays here--love it! Note that we once again have "Meep" (the big-eye guy) accompanying us.
 
We took a "SEAL tour" of our city--and learned a lot!
 
 
Visited The Old Spaghetti Factory in the gaslight district--yum!
 
Anniversary cruise! Loved spending the day with my favorite person in the world!
 
I guess, after all, I'm glad he persuaded me to move here
 
Although we manage to have a great time no matter where we are!
 
Last night of Sea World Summer Nights
We spent an afternoon at the Del Mar races--and wish we'd had a chance to go back a few more times--horse races are awesome!

Sera got a chance to try out a pony herself!
Something about horse races just makes you feel like you're hobnobbing with Bing Crosby and Gary Cooper or something
 
I still can't figure out why only Emerson and Sera wanted to accompany me to the Festival of Sail held in downtown San Diego, but everyone else missed out! There were gigantic sand sculptures and we were able to board a dozen fantastic old sailing ships!
 
Emerson and Sera took a journey back in time--Titanic, anyone?
 
I would have loved to sail on one of these amazing ships!
 
It would have built upper-body strength for sure
Then back to school!
 
The middle school crowd
 
Extremely cool Asher
It's like he knows how to smile!
My chill girl
 
Totally ready to take on sixth grade
  
And the elementary school crowd (I forgot to get this one until the second day of school)
 
Headed for fourth grade
 
Only moderately excited, judging by this photo
Completely non-plussed by a broken arm
 
And ready to take on second grade!
 There will be days I miss them and days that I won't--but remembering how much I always liked school, I'm glad to be sending them off to get those brains of theirs watered and fed!


No comments: