Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summertime and the livin' is . . . not as easy as you might expect

Oh good glory, it's time to get back on the blogging bandwagon. Surprise! Too much has happened to fit it all in. So instead of blabbing about it (you loved the blab last month, admit it!), I'm doing pictures. It's about freaking time, isn't it? I'll break it down into smaller posts to accomodate those with smaller brains (okay, that's mostly me, because seriously is not moving photographs around to get them in the right order not the most complicated thing?).
So, to start us off, we have a random summer kick-off party at a spray-pad:




We also went to the zoo and camping, where we (thankfully, I gotta tell you) didn't take many pictures:

There was a concert on the beach where we went camping--fun night! Wait, what am I saying "fun night?" My actual exact thought that night was "if I had to pick just one day of my life to relive over and over and over again, this would be the day." It was an absolutely perfect night. We hauled our chairs and blankets down onto this hillside that sloped down to a lake and listened to patriotic music played by the Fort Wayne Phil (we were about an hour out of town). A whole bunch of boats pulled up to the shore and the music was piped out to them as well. One thing I noticed and loved was that nobody seemed to have brought any alcohol with them! It was just one of those nights that was so good that nobody was even interested in that. Anyway, the final strains of music seemed to call the fireflies to life, and as everyone packed up to leave, they were everywhere, thousands of them! The kids were chasing them and catching them and letting them crawl up and down their arms with their little bums flashing green and yellow, and I don't think I said very many words, but my heart swelled until it just about popped listening to the sweet conversations of love between the kids and their dad and random people we just started chatting with as we hiked back up to our campsite. So yeah. That was the day I want to relive.
On to the next post.

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

That sounds so fun and so Americana. I've totally fallen off the blog band wagon but I'm finally starting to catch up. Like I've said many times you really should be a writer....and get paid for it :)

Anonymous said...

Agreed, posting those pictures takes FOREVER, (I usually say, "I could update the blog or I could..." and the other seems to win out) but thanks for doing so. It's fun to see you and your family.