Sunday, January 31, 2010

Seraphina Estelle

This year I'm taking the easy way out. One super-special thing I love about each kid for each year of age.

1. Sera seriously cracks me up a million times a day. Whether it's her cute words for things (I think I mentioned our "roller coaster" toaster and "monkey bar" granola bars), her attitude ("I wanted a cracker mom, YOU KNOW!), or her super-tight "squeezes" that I can never get enough of, I'm always laughing when I spend one-on-one time with Sera.

2. Sera is either super-sensitive or a fantastic actress. One of her favorite things to do is to "scare" me with a "RAWWRRR!" which is intended (for some reason) to make me cry. I'll start pretending to cry (which she insists on), and within minutes, little tears will well up in her eyes too, and she'll say "no! no! don't cry mom!" (she always calls Aaron and I "mom and dad," not "mommy and daddy"). I'm not kidding when I say I think she has a future on the stage.

3. She loves me!! I love when she comes out of her room late at night, with no intention of going to sleep until she's good and ready, and gives me a huge "hung and piss," adding "Mom, I wiwwy wiwwy love you." Often she'll have a little gift for me, one of her blankets, or a stuffed animal that she thinks I might like to snuggle with. SUCH a sweetie.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful name, Seraphina! Kids are amazing, and it is always fun to see them through the eyes of their Mother, kind of like seeing them through the eyes of Heaven. :)

Evans Fam said...

I WANT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!! I'm missing out on all their cuteness...and you're missing out on LucyMae's and Samantha's....so COME SEE US!!! We really are going to come see you this summer (if I ever remember to renew our passports...at least it's written down, so I can't forget now!)

The Crazy Clawson's said...

you are such a great mom....what a great post

Reeses Pieces said...

Okay so I think you should write novels. You have such a wonderful way with words. I just barely noticed the water fountain pic on the bottom...I love it!