Friday, September 30, 2011

September's Adventures in Learning

Fun times in September!  We settled into a routine for a while, until the holidays kicked in! 


 On Wednesdays we had "learning adventures," when we got to do some fun experiments and acitivities at home. Here's our volcano (whose explosion ended up a bit lackluster--use enough baking soda!).


We went apple picking.  So many apples.  So much yum!


I love that I have this expression of Aaron's captured on film--it's one of my favorites.  "Are you going to do that?  Are you going to do that?  Tell me you're not going to do that.  What did you just do?"  We had a great time bowling after the apple picking, but alas, no pictures (I think the camera battery died).


Oh how we love the Johnny Appleseed Festival!  These two got to interview some Union soldiers from the Civil War.  Man, how could those guys go into battle?  There are some things I don't quite understand about war.  Well, most things, really.


And old Abe Lincoln.  We got to hear his campaign jingle performed.  I wish there were still campaign jingles!  I wonder what Mitt Romney's would be.  I wonder what Sarah Palin's would be!  And Newt!  I would hire myself to write them all.


This girl had a birthday.  This girl had her eighth birthday.  She had a fun "Around the World" party.  Check out the cake balls (are those globes?  Why yes, they are).


We finished up with some mariachi action. 


And here are my favorite Joy School kids making paintings with pudding.  It is hard to fit in, but man do I ever love being a Joy School mom!

1 comment:

atec said...

If i ever run for an office you can write me a jingle. Love you