Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Trip to Hogwarts

For once I didn't mind that Halloween was on a Sunday. Since we don't have a new piano yet, I don't really need all the candy for practicing bribery, and besides, there was only so much we were up to only a couple of weeks after our move. However, I had a bit of time to peruse costumes while we were living in our apartment, so I caved (to my own annoyingness) and lo, we wound up with matching costumes. Even the kids were a little scandalized, though, when I did the math and figured out that I spent over $80 on Halloween costumes, all for a ward party and an afternoon trick-or-treating at the mall on Saturday. So we're going to maximize our investment and reuse them next year. Meanwhile, I sort of think it was worth it just for these pictures.


Oh, and there are totally points for anyone who can name all the Harry Potter characters!


psst: don't forget the tree!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm completely impressed you guys pulled of such fun costumes with so much going on in your lives around that same time. Awesome!

Reeses Pieces said...

I love when families do matching costumes. I think you guys look great. Is that you in the back? Can't tell???

Evans Fam said...

Um...wow! That's true Halloween spirit right there. I see Rita Skeeter, Dobby, Prof. Dumbledore, Hermoine, Harry Potter, and I don't know what Emer is....? HELP?

brittanimae said...

Good job, Chels! Emer is Dobby--you got him right, it's Sera who's tricky--remember Norbert from the first book? We were going to go for Crookshanks, but couldn't pass up that dragon costume! And yup Nicole, that's me as Rita back there.