Seven things we love about Addy at seven:
1. Addy is so flexible, which is a huge help in this moving process. She's willing to share her bed with Sera whenever Sera is upset, and if there's a change in plans, she's the first to get excited and embrace it.
2. Addy makes friends faster than anyone I know. She's quick with a smile, and already has a handful of good buddies in her class. I'm pretty sure that her friendliness is helping Asher make friends as well.
3. Addy is patient with others and patient with herself. She has the determination to work at something until she gets it right, and she'll encourage others to do their best too.
4. I love that I can ask Addy to remember something for me, and she will. She's also good at reminding others to lock doors and bring the things they need for whatever outing we're going on.
5. Addy has excellent self-control. Unlike certain other of our children (who can't resist raiding the cookie jar or refrigerator when they know there are treats in the vicinity), Addy will turn down goodies when she feels like she's had enough, and as I've been going sugar-free this month, she's often volunteered to do a day or two sugar-free alongside me. I had nowhere near that kind of restraint at her age!
6. Addy puts her artistic skills to good use in making notes and cards for me (other people too, but especially me). They usually feature the two of us together, sometimes Sera, and occasionally the boys too. There is an apology in there if she's gotten in trouble, but most of the time, they just say those beautiful words: "I love you mommy!"
7. Her hair! I love having a little girl with gorgeous golden hair! Even though she usually just wants to stash it behind her head in an elastic, or let it hang unbrushed, when she does let me at it, I love to braid it or curl it or tie it up in ribbons. Aaron is ready to cut it short again (she does look cute with short hair), we've decided to let it grow at least through the winter, and I'm thrilled to be her hairdresser!
No comments:
Post a Comment