Sunday, August 31, 2008

Humorous Happenings

Mitchell Family Canoe Ride:

“Britt, could you row on the other side please?"
"What? I thought you wanted me on this side."
"No. The other side."
"But I can guide better from this side."
"Fine.". . . silence . . .
"Um, Sera's climbing out of the boat."
"What? Ahhh! Theo, can you help Sera sit down?"
"She won't listen to me!"
"Please?""I can't."
"Ughh. Grrrr. Hrrmpph"
. . . silence . . .
"I thought you were going to row on the other side."
"This is the other side."
"The other other side."
"Fine.""You could use some more power on the downstrokes."
*rolls eyes*
"Come on, try it with me. Up. Down. Up. Down."
"Sera just dropped her shoe into the water."
"What? Ohhhh! Arrgh. Hmmpph."
"Okay, let's turn the canoe around and see if that works better."
"Whatever.". . . silence . . .
"Okay, you're the navigator now--try not to ground us . . . next time." *pushes off sandbar*


Emerson:

Britt: Come on Emer, you need to go potty before you go to bed.
Emer: I'm too tired Mommy. I don't need to.
Britt: Come on buddy. Just try. Everyone needs to go potty.
Emer: (screeching) NOOOO! Not everyone! Not Jesus!

Theo and Addy:

These two kids have gotten to be such great friends lately . . . except when they're not and Theo x's out all of Addy's checks on his "Club list." Their favorite activites lately: "museum club" where they create innumerable drawings and paintings of planets and solar systems, and "video games" which is in quotes because the television is a remanufactured shoe box, and the game panels are made from stapled construction paper. We're saving loads of money thanks to their awesome imaginations!


Sera:

I so don't need more pictures for the month, but words just won't do this time. Sera clearly has a future on the stage. Not only does she adore applause, but she's quite talented in the costuming department as well. See some recent samples at the bottom of the page.

No comments: