Sunday, September 21, 2008

Homemade donuts

Okay, I know this goes against my usual policy of posting once a month, but as a preview of sorts for September, I wanted to share this new, super-easy donut recipe I found. They are so awesome on a brisk fall day with some fresh apple cider.

HOMEMADE DONUTS
2 c warm water
1 T yeast
1 box cake mix (we used spice last time--mmm)
4 c flour

Let the yeast dissolve in the water, then add the cake mix and flour. Knead together until stretchy, then let rise for an hour (or pop into a warm oven with the door open for 20 minutes--I'm all about shortcuts). Roll the dough out to about 3/4-1 inch thick, cut into circles with a large cup, and make holes with a bottle lid. Then fry them up in oil over medium heat. They are delish!

1 comment:

Reeses Pieces said...

They sound yummy. I'll have to give them a try!